Terms & Conditions | Whistles
Terms & Conditions
- Whistles Ltd registered office address in England and Wales is: 183 Eversholt Street, London NW1 1BU. Number 1514754.
- The Terms and Conditions outlined below apply to purchases made from the Whistles website: www.whistles.co.uk.
- Your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions is given when you make a purchase from Whistles. It is important to read these Terms and Conditions carefully before buying goods from our website.
- Whistles reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and any such change will be effective once published on the website and consequently will apply to all new orders.
- If you have any questions about any aspects of our website please email us at email@example.com.
- Regrettably, for reasons of hygiene, we are unable to refund or exchange earrings.
- We will endeavour to make sure that all information on our website is accurate and correct at all times and will try to resolve all information errors on the website as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe that such an error has affected your purchase, please contact us by calling +44 (0) 845 899 1222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, although we must stress, this does not admit liability on Whistles’ part.
- Shopping online is as much fun as buying in-store, but it is a totally different experience
- Be aware that:
- • the colours shown on our website will vary depending on a range of factors including your computer screen and display settings
• sizes and measurements are approximate only
• all goods are subject to availability which means we may not be able to supply your order until we have checked our stocks
• delivery timings are estimates only
• goods and promotions which are offered on our website may not always be available
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your login, password and all other details in relation to your account remain confidential at all times.
Shopping on Whistles.co.uk
- Placing an order on whistles.co.uk couldn’t be easier. Here’s a few steps to get you started.
- Once you have chosen your item, add it to your shopping basket. Enter your Login details. Include your address and choose your payment method. Finally confirm your order.
- Once we have received your order, we will send you a Confirmation email to the address provided. This will contain your order number and details of your purchase(s). Please be aware that this email is only an acknowledgement that your order has been received, it is not an acceptance by us of any offers to purchase goods. An Order Despatch email will be sent and payment taken from your credit/ debit card when we have checked our stocks and can confirm we have the goods you ordered. This is the point when we have agreed to a contract with you.
- Before an order can be accepted we must receive full payment and will process your credit/debit card as we prepare your goods for despatch. Once you receive the Order Despatch email this will act as confirmation that your item(s) have been sent and will list any goods that are unavailable. We reserve the right to refuse any order prior to despatch.
- For orders placed within the EU, all prices shown at whistles.co.uk include the applicable VAT rate. If your order is being delivered outside of the EU, VAT will not be charged, however the selling price will remain the same. For any queries around VAT, we recommend contacting HM Customs on 0845 010 9000, or for more information you can also visit hmrc.gov.uk/vat
- Whistles.co.uk ships to the United Kingdom, Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia), Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United States of America, Taiwan, Macedonia, Malta & Serbia Montenegro.
- We cannot offer a next day delivery service to the following UK postcodes; G83, TR21 – 25, AB30-38/ 44-56, K8, IV, IM, HS, GY9, KW, PA, PH
- London Same Evening Delivery service is currently only available to London and Greater London postcodes starting: IG, RM, TW, BR, CR, DA, TN, KT, SM, EN, HA, UB, E, WC, EC, N, NW, SE, SW, W. This service is not available during UK public holidays.
- Import duties and taxes will be the responsibility of the customer should goods be ordered from our website for delivery outside the UK. These costs cannot be predicted and are outside our control.
- Regrettably, we do not currently offer an Express Delivery option on international deliveries.
- It is really important to ensure you have given us the correct billing address. If it is incorrect we may not be able to process your order and you may incur additional costs to your credit/debit card
Collect From Store
- When placing your online order select the free ‘Collect from Store’ delivery option and we will deliver the order to your chosen shop for you to collect within 3-5 working days. This service is only available in some of our Whistles stand-alone stores. We are working on making it available in the remaining stores as soon as possible.
- Maps and opening times of ‘Collect from Store’ locations are can be found on our stores page.
- If you have shared your mobile phone number with us, you will receive an sms message as well as an email when your order has arrived in store and is ready for collection. Simply save the message and bring your phone with you to show the text as proof of purchase, along with the payment card you used.
- If you don't have a confirmation text, please bring a printout of your email order confirmation instead, along with the payment card you used to place the order.
- We are happy for someone else to collect your order, on your behalf. The person you've nominated just needs to bring the email confirmation or text and their photo ID (passport or photo driving licence).
- Your order will be available for collection at your chosen shop for 7 days. If you are unable to collect your order when it’s ready, please contact the store to arrange an alternative date for collection. After the 7-day period, if the store hasn’t heard from you, your order will be sent back to our warehouse upon which you will receive a full refund.
Returning Goods to Store
- If you wish to return items to a Whistles store, please ensure your parcel is returned within 14 days, with the dispatch note enclosed as your receipt.
- We offer this facility at any Whistles UK standalone stores. Unfortunately, this option is not available at Whistles concessions or factory outlets. When presenting your dispatch note you will be asked the reason for the return and whether you wish to exchange the item or obtain a refund.
- To make Christmas shopping even easier, we will be extending our returns policy; any purchases made on or after 17th November 2013 can be returned by 18th January 2014.
Whistles Advent 2013
- On Friday 6th December & Saturday 7th December, any customer who makes a purchase online at www.whistles.co.uk will automatically receive the Becky Bead Bracelet as a complimentary gift with their purchase, while stocks last. The gift can only be received when you shop at www.whistles.co.uk. It is not available when you shop at Whistles stores or concessions. The Becky Bead Bracelet will be non-refundable, and those who receive this gift will not be able to receive credit or a cash alternative in place of the gift. The offer expires at midnight on Saturday 7th December. In order to receive a full refund on an item purchased during the ‘gift with purchase’ promotion, the customer must return both the purchased item and the free gift. Should they order multiple items, and only wish to do a part return, they are fully entitled to keep their complimentary gift with purchase. If customers that purchase on this day do not receive the Triangle Row Necklace with their order, it will mean that stock has run out, Whistles will not be held responsible if this happens or offer an alternative gift with purchase. Employees of Whistles or anyone else associated to the Whistles Advent competition, are not allowed to enter.
- On Sunday 8th December, any customer who makes a purchase online to the value of, or over £100, at www.whistles.co.uk will automatically receive a complimentary gift with their purchase. This prizes entitles all customers making a purchase to the value of £100 and over, to receive the Triangle Row Necklace with their order, until stocks last. The gift can only be received when you shop at www.whistles.co.uk. It is not available when you shop at Whistles stores or concessions. The Triangle Row Necklace will be non-refundable, and those who receive this gift will not be able to receive credit or a cash alternative in place of the gift. The offer expires at midnight on Sunday 8th December. In order to receive a full refund on an item purchased during the ‘gift with purchase’ promotion, the customer must return both the purchased item and the free gift. Should they order multiple items, and only wish to do a part return, they are fully entitled to keep their complimentary gift with purchase. If customers that purchase on this day do not receive the Triangle Row Necklace with their order, it will mean that stock has run out, Whistles will not be held responsible if this happens or offer an alternative gift with purchase.
Returning Goods by Post
- It’s easy to return your item(s) by post. Simply complete the enclosed returns form with your name, address, and order number. Ensure your goods are securely wrapped and the completed returns form is enclosed. Attach the Freepost returns label to the parcel. Take the goods, along with the despatch note, to the Post Office. Make sure you obtain a ‘proof of postage’ certificate which you should retain until you’ve received your refund. It usually takes between 5-10 working days from the postage date to receive items and process refunds.
- We are not responsible under these Terms and Conditions for any acts or events outside our reasonable control (force majeure), that adversely affect your purchase, including (but not limited to) strikes, lockouts, failures of third party systems or networks, acts of god, fire, earthquake, storm, flood or other natural disaster, civil unrest, acts of terrorism, deliberate sabotage of or malicious damage to equipment or data or for damage to or destruction of premises or equipment.
- Any notices relating to these Terms and Conditions will be sent to you via your registered e-mail address.
- Our Terms and Conditions outline the entire agreement between Whistles and our customers regarding the sale, purchase and use of goods. They supersede any previous agreement or understanding that may have previously been in place. No variation to these terms are binding unless agreed by us in writing.
- Save to the extent that you exercise your right as a consumer to bring an action in or rely on the laws of your country of domicile, the interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law, and you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of English courts for the determination of disputes.
Notice & Disclaimers
- The way you use our website, www.whistles.co.uk, will be governed by the Notices and Disclaimers we’ve outlined below.
- We do our best to ensure that the information on the website is accurate and helpful at all times. However, we cannot ultimately guarantee the accuracy of all information nor be held liable for any decisions/actions you take based on the information provided, except where further agreement has been made, in writing by Whistles to you.
- While we endeavour to keep the website running effectively, we cannot guarantee the availability nor accessibility of our online service at all times and except where outlined in these Notices and Disclaimers we will not be liable for any damages, loss, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any lack of availability or accessibility of the website.
- Any link (whether it is a hyperlink or other referral device) used on the website is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any direct association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites where a link to www.whistles.co.uk exists, nor for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that provide these website links and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense or costs incurred by you as a result.
- We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access our website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
- Nothing within these conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury. Your statutory rights as a consumer are unaffected.
- All Intellectual Property Rights and goodwill in or relating to the contents of our website belong to either ourselves or to our suppliers. In particular, the trade marks displayed are registered and nothing contained in these conditions or the website should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, personal bar, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of the trade marks without our permission. However, copying and printing of those web pages which contain the trade marks is permitted within the scope of the licence contained at below.
- You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the website solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may also recopy downloaded extracts to others for their personal, non-commercial use.
- You may not frame or link to the website or any part of it without our express permission.
- The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement shall be governed by English Law, and you and we agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts for the determination of disputes.
Whistles Electronic Gift Card
- When purchasing the Whistles electronic Gift Card ("Whistles Gift Card" or "Gift Card") please be aware that it is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- The minimum amount required to activate your Gift Card is £1, the maximum amount is £1000.
- You may use your Gift Card to make purchases at any Whistles standalone stores in the UK.
- Unfortunately, the Gift Card cannot be redeemed in any Whistles concessions, outlets or international franchises, neither online nor via telephone/mail-order.
- If the Gift Card is not used for a consecutive period of 24 months – whether to make a purchase, a balance enquiry or to top-up – the card will automatically expire at the end of that period and the balance on the card will be forfeited.
- When you use your Gift Card, the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the card. Unfortunately, change cannot be given.
- Just go to any Whistle’s store to obtain information on your remaining card balance or call our customer services team on +44 (0) 845 899 1222 or email us at email@example.com.
- Your Gift Card is non returnable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- Cash refunds cannot be given for purchases made using your Gift Card.
- Your Gift Card is equivalent to cash, and like cash if lost, stolen or damaged it cannot be replaced.
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with your Gift Card will be made in accordance with Whistles refund policy. This does not affect your statutory rights. Should we not receive the payment for the initial purchase of the Gift Card, Whistles will cancel the value of the card. Where the fraudulent use of a credit card is suspected, further action may be taken.
- Whistles reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time-to-time, where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. The terms do not affect your statutory rights. Current conditions will be available at all times online at www.whistles.co.uk.
- Issued by: Whistles Limited, Registered In England, Registration Number: 01514754, Registered Office: 183 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1BU
Gift With Purchase – Whistles Bath
- Customers who receive an email from Whistles on 3rd July 2013, about the new store opening in Bath, will be eligible to receive a free gift with their first purchase at the new store. The gift with purchase is an exclusive Whistles leather cuff. Offer valid from 03/07/2013 until stock lasts. To claim the gift, customers are required to show a copy of the email to a Whistles Sales Associate at the time of purchase. It can be a printed version of the email or shown on a mobile phone. Offer only available at Whistles Bath Store: 1 New Bond Street Buildings, Bath, Somerset, BA1 1BL. There is a limit of one gift claim per transaction, regardless of the number of products purchased. Gifts cannot be redeemed for cash or exchanged for any other Whistles item. Whistles reserves the right at any time to end this offer.
Whistles 20% Offer and Shelter Donation
- From 28th November (00.01) to 2nd December 2013 (23.59) Whistles are offering 20% off the entire collection, including full price, sale and non-Whistles items.
- This offer is available at Whistles stand-alone stores and whistles.co.uk. This offer is not available at Whistles concessions, however some concessions may price match this offer.
- The 20% discount will automatically be received online at the checkout and in-store when the purchase is made.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, however it can be used on sale items.
- Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid, on production of valid receipt.
- The 20% offer excludes Gift Cards.
- In line with the 20% offer, Whistles will donate £2 directly to homeless charity Shelter, from every transaction made in Whistles stores, concessions and online at whistles.co.uk, from 28th November to 2nd December 2013.
- Shelter is a registered charity in England and Wales (263710) and in Scotland (SC002327)